Tuesday 28 May 2013

What else

There are 2 more topics to consider. 
Diesel engine maintenance and
First Aid. 
There aren't any RYA courses in our area for these subjects. How we are going to cover them is :
Books. 
I have been a mechanical engineer ( grease monkey ) for the past 7+ years so you could say I've done my apprenticeship. Not on Diesel engines mind, but I should be able to follow a good written & pictorial guide. I've seen a couple on the Internet. 
We'll get a suitable book for First Aid on board. I think it's the confined space that has to be considered compared to regular techniques. 
I think also a good talking translator - maybe an IPad app will be of good use. 
If anyone can think of something we are missing please comment. We want to be prepared. 
Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment