Friday 31 May 2013

I'm waiting

I suppose I could say that I'm waiting for my new life to start. But I believe in being happy now and not waiting to be happy.  
   A company I used to work for had a big plan to make them more successful. This involved the staff being indoctrinated into 'The Plan' by attending seminars and presentations. Where we were shown our road to success. In the illustration, at the end of the road was a figure sitting on a throne, content with bags of money. 
    Some branches had the staff working overtime every night for no extra pay. 
Would a national company ever be satisfied with where it was ? Would other competitors appear in the future? Would the staff be congratulated and rewarded?
  The road in the picture might as well go on forever. 
So the message was to strive now and relax later. 
I can't say that I agreed with the mantra. 
I did commend the morals in that customers were not bribed with gifts and all treated the same. 
Unfortunately our competitors were inviting buyers to days out playing golf and lavish lunches and their representatives had a hospitality budget. 
    One rival rep I knew turned up to an appointment with take away breakfast buns for all the staff!
When results didn't meet projection, the 'Big Chief' was sacked and the plan abandoned. 
I rather liked the video presentation that portrayed him as a kind of Captain Kirk aboard the Starship Enterprise. 
So, my mantra is - Be Happy Now.I enjoyed my walk to the corner shop this evening and the film we watched on the tv. 
I wouldn't mind some potential buyers sniffing around our house though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment