Sunday 19 May 2013

It's getting exciting

The house is on the market. After 2 weeks we've had 4 viewings - all very positive. The latest viewers really moved in mentally and we are hoping for an offer.
'We' is myself Miles and my wife of nearly 23 years Alison. We live in the north of England. 
Five years ago we came up with a 'five year plan' to sell up and travel the world on a sailing boat. More of that later. 
Yacht/boat wise we are looking for a 40 foot or so, long keel sailing yacht. 
We've had 5 years to contemplate what type of boat would suit us and the job in hand. 
We've searched mainly on the Internet. Had experience on sail training yachts, been on a couple of friends vessels and had an exploratory trip to Plymouth on a coach trip ( that was gruelling but enjoyable )
In this present economic climate our house isn't worth as much as we had hoped, but yachts - especially in Europe - have come down in price to suit. 
We need the money in the bank before we can seriously negotiate buying a boat. 
Alison has got really itchy feet and can't settle. I'm plodding along as usual. I never really believe anything till it happens. We are a good team. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me ( and visa versa I hope )
So I'm reluctantly letting go of my worldly possessions - from my extensive electric guitar collection ( I am taking 2 max ) to numerous cut off electrical cables with the the 13a plug still attached ( just in case )
We have been watching ' The hoarder next door ' on tv which has helped me a lot. Alison on the other hand will only need :-
CLEAN UNDERWEAR AND A PASSPORT !

No comments:

Post a Comment